Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Reindeer Tracks

Hello everyone!
 Tonight I am sharing a card I made inspired by a season that is quickly nearing its end. Those cold wintery nights and that sparkling glimmer caused by the natural light of the moon bouncing off the surface of nature's own magical wonders. I made this card specifically for 7 Dots Studio Feburary challenge. 

https://7dotsstudio.com/archives/34521

Product List:
2Crafty Chipboard Circle Frame 
Seth Apter "Rocky Road" textured embossing powder 
Tim Holtz stencil 021
Ranger Ink texture paste and white embossing powder
Black gesso 
Recycled cardboard
Tacky glue
Double-sided tape

1. I began by cutting out my desired papers and distressed them using a pair of scissors. 
2. Then I taped down the beautiful yellow paper with the stunning crowned reindeer. 
3. Then I took my stencil and texture paste and created that lovely snowy looking background. 
4. Next, I took a lovely chipboard frame and embossed it white.

5. Next, I layed down those gorgeous papers, tags and stickers in layers that I felt were pleasing to the eye. 
*Hint* *Keep cardboard scraps to prop up your embellishments, it will save you on buying those glue dots every month*
6. I took some wooden snowflakes I found in my stash that were originally silver. I embossed them with textured black embossing powder to make them POP against the paper.
I finished this card off with a paint brush and some watered down black gesso to give it a grungy appearance. 

I hope you all enjoy my latest creation. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your support and some of your time with me. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous winter! Thanks for the tutorial, always useful! And thank you for joining in with us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project! Thank you for joining the challenge at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete